Create a Certificate Signing Request for Cisco Content Services Switch CSS 11500
1. Issue the ssl genrsa command to generate an RSA private key pair for asymmetric encryption. The CSS stores the generated RSA key pair as a file on the CSS.
CSS11500(config) # ssl genrsa myrsakey.pem 2048 “passwd123”
2. Issue the ssl associate rsakey command to associate the RSA key pair name to the generated RSA key pair.
CSS11500(config) # ssl associate rsakey myrsakey1 myrsakey.pem
3. Issue the ssl gencsr rsakey command to generate a CSR file for an associated RSA key pair file.
CSS11500(config) # ssl gencsr myrsakey1
4. Fill in the required information:
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.ie or mail.devel.ssl247.ie). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
Organisation Name - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country Name - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
5. Copy/paste the entire contents of the CSR (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.