Create a Certificate Signing Request for Novell I-Chain
In order to generate a CSR in Novell I-Chain 2.2 or 2.3 Web Server, please follow these steps:
1. Launch the I-Chain Admin GUI and go to Home > Certificate Maintenance.
2. Click "Create".
3. Choose "Use External Certificate Authority".
4. Fill in the form:
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name (e.g. devel.ssl247.ie or mail.devel.ssl247.ie). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com.
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc.
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
5. Select "RSA encryption with SHA-1 Hash".
6. Select 2048 bits for your key size.
7. Select to use an external certificate authority and fill in your company information.
8. Click OK and "Apply".
9. You will then find your certificate under "Certificate Name". Click on "View CSR".
10. Save and open the CSR file and copy/paste the entire contents (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.