Create a Certificate Signing Request for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007
In order to generate a CSR for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, please follow these steps:
1. On your Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, open Office Communications Server 2007 (located in Start > Programs > Administrative Tools).
2. Expand the snap-in until you find the Enterprise Edition Server.
3. Right click on the Office Communications Server where the CSR was generated. Then, click Certificates.
4. Once the wizard launches, select Create a new certificate and click Next.
5. Select Prepare the request now, but send it later.
6. Under Name, choose a name for your certificate. Choose a Bit length of 2048. In order to export the certificate to other servers, make sure that Mark cert as exportable is checked.
7. Please enter the following information:
- Organization - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc.
- Organizational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
- Subject Name - Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the https://www. is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com
- Subject Alternate Name - Type any alternate names for your server.
- Country/region - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
- State/province - The state/province in which your organization is located.
- City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
8. Choose a file name and location for your CSR file (extension .txt).
9. Open the file and copy/paste the entire contents of the file, including the BEGIN and END tags to the SSL247® Certificate order form.