Create a Certificate Signing Request for Oracle Wallet Manager
In order to generate a CSR for Oracle Wallet Manager, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Generate Private Key and CSR in Oracle Wallet Manager
- From the menu bar, choose "Operations> Create Certificate Request". The "Create Certificate" dialog box appears.
- Enter the following information in the required fields:
- Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.ie or mail.devel.ssl247.ie). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com.
- Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
- Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
- City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
- State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
- Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
- Key Size: Choose the drop-down box to view a list of key sizes to use when creating the public/private key pair.
- Advanced: DO NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION
- Choose "OK".
An Oracle Wallet Manager dialog box informs you that a certificate request was successfully created.
You can either copy the certificate request text from the body of this dialog panel and paste it into an e-mail message to send to a certificate authority, or you can export the certificate request to a file.
- Choose "OK". You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window; the status of the certificate is changed to "Requested".
Step 2: Export CSR into text file for submission to a Certification Authority
- From the menu bar, choose "Operations > Export Certificate Request". The "Export Certificate Request" dialog box appears.
- Enter the file system directory in which you want to save the Certificate Request, or navigate to the directory structure under "Folders".
- In the "Enter File Name" field, enter a file name to save your Certificate Request.
- Choose "OK".
- A message at the bottom of the window confirms that the Certificate Request was successfully exported to the file.
You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window.