Create a Certificate Signing Request for Nortel SSL Accelerator
To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match. You will have to request a new SSL Certificate and may be charged.
The CSR needs to contain the following attributes:
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name (e.g. devel.ssl247.ie or mail.devel.ssl247.ie). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com.
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc.
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
Note: Certificates can only be used on Web servers using the Common Name specified during enrollment. For example, a certificate for the domain "domain.com" will receive a warning if accessing a site named "www.domain.com" or "secure.domain.com", because "www.domain.com" and "secure.domain.com" are different from "domain.com".
We recommend that you contact Nortel for additional information.
Generate a Key Pair and Certificate Signing Request
1. Click SSL > Certificates > Generate > Request.
2. Select your newly created certificate identifier in the drop-down menu at the top.
3. Fill out the fields including the common name, organization and location information.
4. Choose 2048 in the Key size field.
5. Click Update.
6. Click Apply button on the top of the screen.
7. To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Vi are recommended).
8. Click Apply Changes.
9. Go to Enrollment.