Creating your Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for ZEUS Web Server v3
Follow these instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed this process, you will have a CSR ready to submit to ssl247.com in order to be generated into a SSL Security Certificate.
Note: The following assumes you have already configured a virtual web to be SSL-enabled. Please refer to the ZEUS documentation at http://knowledgehub.zeus.com/.
- Select the Web icon from the Admin Server control panel.
- Select SSL Configuration. On the Edit Server panel, choose SSL ON to enable SSL.
- Select SSL Quick Setup to begin creating your Private Key and Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Enter the full path for your Private Key file under Generate Your Private Key, select key size (e.g., 1024).
- Enter the Distinguished Name Field information under Create a Certificate Request. When creating a CSR you must follow these conventions.
The following characters can not be accepted: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ?.
Distinguished Name Field Explanation Example Common Name The fully qualified domain name for your web server. This must be an exact match. If you intend to secure the URL https://www.yourdomain.com, then your CSR's common name must be www.yourdomain.com. Organization The exact legal name of your organization. Do not abbreviate your organization name. Your Organization, Inc Organization Unit Section of the organization Marketing City or Locality The city where your organization is legally located. Atlanta State or Province The state or province where your organization is legally located. Can not be abbreviated. Georgia Country The two-letter ISO abbreviation for your country. Please click here for the complete list of ISO country codes. US = United States
- Hit the Setup Server button and check the Verbose box to view progress.
The Private Key information and CSR contents will be presented.
- Copy this CSR text; be sure to include the line "-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----" and everything up to and including the "-----END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----" lines.
- You are now ready to submit your CSR for the certificate you wish BRAND.
Additional instructions can be found on the ZEUS web site.