Install your Digital ID and digitally sign your emails with Microsoft Outlook 2007
To install your Personal ID certificate and sign your emails with Microsoft Outlook 2007, please follow these instructions:
Install your Certificate
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
2. Go to Tools > Trust Center and choose the E-mail Security option.
3. To define your security settings and to specify which certificate you wish to use you need to define your default security settings. Click Settings... button.
4. You can create various security settings. The Digital Signature settings allow you to choose the certificate you wish to use for signing your emails. Click Choose... button and select your Personal ID certificate.
5. Click OK.
6. Select boxes Encrypt contents and attachments for outgoing messages and Add digital signature to outgoing messages if you want to.
Sign and Encrypt your email messages
1. Click on New message button in your Microsoft Outlook toolbar.
2. In the Message ribbon, you will see two Mail Security icons. The first is the Signing icon and selecting this will sign your email with the chosen certificate. The second is the Encrypting icon and selecting it will encrypt your email.
3. You can now encrypt and sign your emails!
Encrypting your emails
To encrypt your emails, you need to have a copy of the digital certificate of the intended recipient. When you receive a signed message, you can save the certificate of the sender in your Contacts List. You therefore need to create an entry in your Contacts List for each person. You must also import his digital certificate into the Contacts List.
Save a Digital certificate from a signed message
1. Open the signed message.
2. Right-click on the senders name (or email address) beside "From:" and click Add to Outlook Contacts....
3. The Contact and his Digital certificate will be added to your Contacts List.
Import a Digital Certificate
1. Create a new address or open an existing one in your Contacts List.
2. Go to Certificates.
3. Choose Import and select the digital certificate file and click Open.