Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for Courier-IMAP
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Courier-IMAP.
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Open a text editor and paste the contents of your SSL certificate and the private key one after another. The result should look like this:
(Your Primary SSL certificate: your_domain_name.crt)
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
(Your Private Key: your_domain_name.key)
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Save the combined file as pack.pem.
3. Get your intermediate certificate. Copy and paste the contents into inter.crt file by using a text editor software (such as Notepad or Wordpad).
4. Find and open imapd-ssl file (usually in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/). Add the following directives and file locations:
5. Verify that the line below is allowing SSL3
6. To secure your POP3, find and open pop3d-ssl file (usually in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/). Add the following directives and file locations:
7. Make sure that the file permissions are set so that pack.pem is readable by root only.
8. Restart your server.