Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for F5 BIG-IP
If you are installing an EV SSL Certificate, please follow our F5 BIP-IP EV SSL Certificate Installation Instructions. Otherwise, please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on F5 BIG-IP (version 9 and earlier):
Install your SSL Certificate on a BIG-IP Loadbalancer (version 9.x)
Install your certificate
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Launch the F5 BIG-IP Web GUI.
3. Select SSL Certificates under Local Traffic.
4. Click on the name you assigned to the certificate under General Properties.
5. Click Browse and choose your .crt file from step 1.
6. Click Open and Import.
Enable your Intermediate Certificate
1. In the Web GUI, choose Local Traffic, SSL Certificates and Import.
2. Choose Certificate and Create New (under Import Type).
3. Enter a name for your certificate name.
4. Browse to your Intermerdiate Certificate. Click Open and Import.
Configure your server for SSL
1. Create or open the SSL Profile you use with this certificate.
2. Choose Advanced under Configuration.
3. Select the SSL Certificate that you installed at the beginning of our instructions.
4. Under Chain, browse to the Intermediate Certificate. Save and Exit configuration.
Install your SSL Certificate on a BIG-IP (Pre-Version 9.x)
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----). Get your Intermerdiate Certificate and copy/paste it into a .crt file.
2. Move your SSL and Intermediate Certificates to the BIG-IP device (usually by FTP).
3. Copy your SSL and Intermediates certificates .crt files to /config/bigconfig/ssl.crt/ folder.
4. Restart the proxy with:
# bigpipe proxy <IP Address>:443 disable
# bigpipe proxy <IP Address>:443 enable