Installation instructions of your SSL Certificate for Webmin
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Webmin.
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Get your intermediate certificate. Copy and paste the contents into inter.crt file by using a text editor software (such as Notepad or Wordpad).
3. Copy both certificate files on your server with the private key file if you did not generate the private key and CSR on the webmin server.
4. Locate your miniserv.pem file (usually in /etc/webmin/). You will need to build a replacement miniserv.pem file using your private key and primary certificate. One easy way to do it:
cat private.key yourSSLcert.crt > new_miniserv.pem
Note: private.key is the file of your private key and yourSSLcert.crt is your SSL Certificate (step 1).
5. Replace the miniserv.pem by the new_miniserv.pem.
6. Add this line to your miniserv.conf file:
Note: inter.crt is the intermediate certificate (step 2).
7. Restart Webmin.